Working bees are a great way to get involved in our work, meet new people (we’re a friendly bunch!), and get outdoors in a beautiful part of the world!
Our working bees normally start at 9:30 am and end around 12pm. Working bees include a light morning tea (coffee, tea, muffins).
For rubbish clean-ups or planting days, it is recommended that you bring gloves, hat, suncream and stout shoes. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like more information, and to confirm if the bee is definitely going ahead, as it may be weather dependent.
Contact us if you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive updates about working bees and other events, and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Dates for winter working bees and events 2023:
- 1st April – Coastal Plant Seed Shucking/extration (location MOWS Work Shed – 461 Wilson Road North)
- 13th May – Beach Clean (Maketu Spit – end of Ford Road)
- 11th June – Planting day (location TBC)
- 9th July – Planting day (location TBC)
- 4th August – Planting dune plants with MOWS and Coastcare (location Newdicks Beach 9am-12pm)
- 13th August – Planting day (location TBC)
- 10th September – Planting day (location TBC)
- 8th October – Beach Clean (location TBC)
- 12th Nov – Breakfast with the Gulls and AGM
Check out our Facebook page for more information on our events.